Farmers Royal Tour
NZ Woman's Weekly readers and Farmers shoppers have a lot of things in common - one being that they're huge fans of the Royal family.
Working with the Weekly and our client Farmers, Pead PR was asked to develop a major publicity initiative to capitalise on the buzz around the Royal Wedding on April 29, 2011.
Pead PR secured celebrated bridal wear designer Jane Yeh and her team of seamstresses to re-create a replica of Catherine Middleton’s wedding gown in less than 12 hours following its big reveal on the night of the Royal wedding. The replica gown was revealed at a media and consumer launch event held at Farmers St Lukes before embarking on a three-week tour of the 18 Farmers stores nationwide.
In addition, we:
- Negotiated a media partnership with New Zealand Woman’s Weekly to promote the wedding dress and the Royal Tour before and after the royal wedding
- Implemented a targeted national media relations campaign which included pre and post event pitching and interviews with Jane Yeh
- Implemented a theatrical launch event for media and consumers at Farmers St Lukes, MC’d by Kerre Woodham
- Co-ordinated event management and requirements for the Royal Tour events, in conjunction with Farmers
- Implemented a targeted regional media relations campaign supporting each location visited on the Royal Tour which included facilitating media interviews with store managers.
The results were phenomenal. They included:
- ‘King-hit’ features and coverage secured across television, radio, print and social media for the launch and regional in store events
- The vast majority of coverage mentioned Farmers and featured in-store images, with many articles using direct quotes from the press release
- Big crowds at every regional event, resulting in increased foot traffic in-store for Farmers
In addition, Farmers was positioned as a brand with a strong heritage and history in New Zealand. We can't wait for the next Royal Wedding!